1.How does your magazine represent particular
• One way in which my magazine represents the target
audience is the main image. The target audience for the
magazine is college students, and the main image is a
college student so it represents the audience. Also the
model in the main image is wearing something that a
typical student would wear. Also the model in the image is
a teenager which is the age range in which most students
are. Another thing done to represent the audience/social
group is through the cover lines where used. I chose things
to do with what students like, so that was music and films.
2. How did you attract/address your audience?
• To Attract my audience I have tried to make the front cover
look clean and not cluttered, this is so that it looks modern
and look like something that a young person would want to
buy. The main image is a picture of a student which will
attract students because they will see the student and
know it’s a magazine for them.
• The price of the magazine is only a pound, this will appeal
and attract the audience because the target audience can
not afford expensive magazines as they are students. So the
chance to buy a cheap magazine will appeal to them.
• Another way I have tried to attract the audience is the way I
have used buzz words for the competition. I have used the
word BIG to make it seem like there is a big competition
that people wont want to miss out on.
3. What aspects of your work are you pleased with
• I am pleased with the layout of the magazine, I think that its
really clean and looks modern which is what would attract
the younger audience.
• Although the model in the main image is not looking at the
image I am also pleased with the picture that I took and
edited. I like the picture because it looks natural, it doesn't
look to posed, it looks like a student in his natural
• Also Like the fact the image is in black a white, I think that
not only does it make the image look better, I also think it
make it look like the front cover of an album. This is good
because the target audience are into music and through
making it look like a album cover I am attracting them to the
4. What aspects of your work could be improved
on and why?
• I think that the cover line could be improved greatly, they are
a bit basic and don’t have enough buzz and puff words in
them to make them stand out.
• Also I think that I could of put a few more genre conventions
in it to attract the target audience more. At the minute there's
not much in it the appeals and says who the target audience,
so the cover lines and title could have been improved.