Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
Domestic wiring may be defined as:
Wiring done in domestic premises (houses), for providing
electrical power for lighting, fans and domestic appliances
with all the safety precautions followed is called domestic
Factors Affecting The Choice Of
• Durability: Type of wiring selected should conform to standard
specifications, so that it is durable i.e. without being affected by
weather conditions, fumes etc.
• Electrical Safety: The wiring must provide safety against leakage,
shock and fire hazards for the operating personnel.
• Appearance: Electrical wiring should give an aesthetic appeal to the
• Cost: It should not be prohibitively expensive i.e. the system chosen
should depend upon the type of building and the purpose for which it
is used, keeping economy in view.
• Accessibility: The switches and plug points provided should be
accessible and there must be provision for further extension of
the wiring system, if necessary.
• Maintenance Cost: The maintenance cost should be minimum.
• Mechanical Safety: The wiring must be protected against any
1. Introduction to 3-
phase, 4-wire system
2. Service Mains
3. Meter Board and
4. Concealed wiring
5. 2-way control lamp
6. 3-way Control Lamp
9. Electric Shock